Thursday, December 9, 2010

meh

I've been kind of down lately. It's a combination of several things. One, I've been sick for a week and a half, which always makes things bleak. Two, the Minister of Music at our church announced his resignation, with possible plans to leave the church as well; and it feels like half the church is going with him; and I don't do well with change, especially in areas that I thought would always stay the same. And for the first time in my life I feel old. Not OLD old, just... well you know how people feel the need to accomplish things important in their life? I feel like I have a lot of life ahead of me, but that I'm not accomplishing anything. And I feel like if I was going to accomplish anything, that I should have started before now; because most things take years to accomplish. And I'm tired. My health insurance through my company gives us incentives every year to take a health assessment test. It asks several questions about your lifestyle, the last time you had a physical, and what the results were, etc. I got a 29 out of 100. I'm high risk for depression, stroke, and heart disease. I'm at moderate risk for diabetes, and the one good thing that I have is good teeth. Keep in mind that I'm also being treated for high bp and cholesterol, but the health assessment thingy doesn't know that because all it asked was for the values at my last physical. The values were good because I'm taking medication for it. So that 29 should probably be a lot lower. I'm surprised it didn't ask me if I had a pulse after I was finished.

1 comment:

amy said...

:(
I know how you feel. However, I think you are doing well in your career, you have a wonderful supportive wife (when not shopping for Christmas trees, j/k)and family who love you. The church thing does hurt--we're going through a shakeup at ours as well.