Friday, January 28, 2011

Lots of Stuff

I just realized my last four posts were all pictures; albeit pictures I wanted to share. Sorry about that. This one's no different, but at least I have words in here too.

I have two new additions to the buzz word list; "antioxidants" and "gluten free."

I saw a picture of a dog at the animal shelter, that I think is mine. I wouldn't put it past him to sneak out and go there to get free food. Where he got the other collar, and how he changes it out is beyond me. But he's a sneaky bugger.



Lots of changes going on at work again. Positions dissolving, merging, and going away. At first I was worried where I would end up during all the reorgs. Now I'm just hoping that 1) I keep a job; and 2) I don't get a pay cut. As for a title and responsibilities, I'll be thankful for anything that satisfies at least the first one; and preferably the second one. As for the rest, I've gone numb. I have never felt comfortable in charge. My comfort zone has always been second in charge; but somehow I ended up over it all. I've done well enough to get merit raises, and I'm told by many what I good job I'm doing; but it doesn't change the fact that it's just not my cup of tea. The reorg threatens a design that would make my current position redundant. And while there is a low self esteem part of me that is going to feel like I failed with any change that even hints as a demotion; the reduction in stress would really be worth it in the long run. As I think of the things I wouldn't be responsible for anymore, I feel a sense of ease. But I know myself, and I know that IF there is a change that causes me to feel as though I've been demoted, I'm going to be bothered by it. Well at least I should know a little more in a couple of weeks.

Egress Out

1 comment:

Jigsawdiva said...

You should talk to your Aunt Brenda.

I hope and pray that all goes well for you during this uncertain time at work.

I know what you mean about being in charge. On the advice of my boss, I am getting a graduate certificate in library management (in addition to my MLIS in information organization). He has told me many times, and now in front of witnesses, that he plans to "give" me the library when he leaves. It's nice that he has such confidence in me--but it scares me to death!

It is always a good day to be employed.