Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Addition To The Bad Office Humor

For those of you that have followed my blog for awhile, you may remember that I have to deal with people that all tell the same jokes, and make the same "witty" comments. They each think they are original.

Yesterday, a couple of the other IT guys and I were installing data cable in a large conference room. This conference room is in the center of the building, and right next to the outside smoking area, so on average of once every five minutes or so, people were walking through on their way to some other destination. And as you've probably already guessed, they all had comments. If I heard, "runnin' cable?" once, I heard it a thousand times. I was reminded of Bill Engvall who told the story of the guy on the side of the road that had the flat tire. A guy stopped and looked at him and said, "flat tire?" to which he replied, "nope, I was driving down the road and the other three just swelled up on me." One of our IT guys started responding to the "runnin' cable" comments with, "nope, pullin' it out" and "this room is on a wireless system."

No comments: