Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sorry I've been away

Between a work business trip to Clarksville, TN (insert Monkees pun here), a large amount of unpaid overtime, and a quick trip to a family reunion in TX, I've been unable to find time to update.

Things are going well. My uncle is doing better. He had his surgery, and things aren't looking as bad as they thought. I thank all of you for the prayers.

Work is still busy, but our deadline is April 30th, and we are slightly ahead of schedule. Still a lot of work to do, but it's slowing down a little.

Today is bring your snot nosed troublemaker to work day. Like last year, I will be shutting my door as much as possible. And yes, I am doing this mainly because of one kid who's mother obviously takes disciplining her children as seriously as she does her job. To give you an idea, the last time her computer broke, she asked us not to fix it right away so she could go home, because she hates her job. This is the kid that unplugged a projector during a presentation last year. And they want us let them in the Data Center!?!?! The IT guy giving the tour of the Data Center has conveniently placed boxes, blocking areas to keep Mr. Grubby Hands from taking down a multi billion dollar company. I've made the suggestion to just give the tour from outside the room and let them just look in the window, but unfortunately the promo said they would get to go into an actual Data Center.

No comments: