Friday, April 15, 2011

More Meh

If I can get through May, I think I'll be able to relax again. I know, just three months ago, I was saying, If I can just get through March, I'll be able to relax again. The difference this time is that I said "I think."

I'm traveling more this year. If nothing changes, I will be on more planes this year than any other year in my life. Maybe, I should say, I'll be on planes more days this year than any other year in my life. I say this simply because, three of the trips I have are all non-stop flights both ways, and I can only think of one time in my life prior to this year, where I was on a non-stop flight. And it was only non-stop one way. So in the past one trip would mean 4 planes, where this year, one trip means 2 planes for all but one of my planned trips.

My favorite airline is now Airtran, as opposed to my previous favorite, Delta. Unfortunately, I will also be flying United and Delta this year. Airtran has been consistently arriving early to my destinations. And that whole upgrade to business class for $49 is well worth it for someone who is 6'2". You get lots of extra room and you get more drinks, even before you take off. The minute you sit down, there is a flight attendant taking your drink order. In addition you get to check two bags for no additional cost (almost worth it for that alone). You also get to go through the employee security line, which for Baltimore International Airport means, you go through the shorter line that doesn't have the look-at-you-naked booths and the touchy-feely TWA people. And snacks; I almost forgot snacks. You get a choice of a good, quality snack; not just peanuts. You can get chips, cookies, etc. my favorite is the twice backed potato sticks, that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. You are also the first on and off of the plane.

No comments: