Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hurry Up And Wait!

You ever have one of those days where you realize that even though you have 100 things to do, and you're backed up, that you can't do any of them because all of them are at stopping points until someone else takes an action? I'm having one of those days today. These days inevitably end up having 1 or more of the following attributes.

1) A third party holds me responsible for not getting said task done.

2) Those needing to take their actions, all take them at once, blindsiding me with work.

3) Item 2 happens an hour before I am supposed to leave.

4) I constantly pressure those needing to take action with no avail.

5) Those needing to take action give me a date and time that the action will be complete, and then don't follow through.

No comments: