Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Busy Times

I'm thankful to have a job in these troubled times. I'm thankful to work for a company that is one of the few still making a profit these days. But dang if we don't stay busy.

We are opening possibly 4 new facilities in the next two months. Two are a definite, and are on schedule. One of the possible ones is the biggest of the 4, and it is looking to be the pain of the bunch. It hinges on a contract award, that if won, will require us to have a facility open, and 100 people hired, in a 30 day time frame. Keep in mind, one of the crucial vendors I use requires a 45 day notice to do their part. Then keep in mind that we don't want to commit to anything until we have the contract, so 30 days is all I get. This particular facility will belong to one of my "complaining" departments. I'll add that the last major project my predecessor completed before she was let go, was opening a new facility for this same department, that wasn't completed on time. So good times are expected to be had by all.

No comments: